cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Backup to Folder Incremental Job fails - Timestamp error

Vantage47
Level 3

Hi

I have created a backup to folder job that does a full backup of Exchange every Friday but in the week I also do incremental backups to folder.  The full backup works ok but for the incremental jobs I receive the following error:

<description>Backup set #1 on storage media #1 Backup set description: "incremental backup"</description>

<backup_type>Backup Method: Incremental - Logs (flush committed logs)</backup_type>

<agent_started>Microsoft Exchange Server Agent: Started</agent_started>

<granular_restore_enabled>The option to enable the restore of individual items from the database backup was selected for this backup.</granular_restore_enabled>

<start_time>Backup started on 26/10/2010 at 23:00:41.</start_time>

<media_label>Media Label: IMG000021</media_label>

<pdi_location>GRT backup set folder: D:\Exchange Inc\IMG000021</pdi_location>

-<database>

<database>Database Logs ( E040000A52F.log - E040000A535.log )</database>

</database>

-<OperationErrors Type="extended_err_abort_oper">

<UMI>V-79-57344-759</UMI>

- Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified options. The following error was returned when opening the Exchange Database file: '-515 The timestamp in the next log does not match the expected timestamp. '

</OperationErrors>

<end_time>Backup completed on 26/10/2010 at 23:00:56.</end_time>

-<summary>

<backed_up_exchange_store>Backed up 0 Exchange Server stores</backed_up_exchange_store>

<new_processed_bytes>Processed 11,695,830 bytes in 15 seconds.</new_processed_bytes>

<vlm_hist_rateformat2>Throughput rate: 44.6 MB/min</vlm_hist_rateformat2>

<compression_type_used>Compression Type: Software</compression_type_used>

<compression_ratio>Software compression ratio: 2.8:1</compression_ratio>

</summary>

<empty_set_warning>This backup set may not contain any data.</empty_set_warning>

<filler>----------------------------------------------------------------------</filler>

</set>

</machine>

Can any one help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner

Hi,

what is the version of Exchange, Backup Exec?

Why do you need to run Exchange incremental backups?

Give us more information.

Regards,

JoaoMatos

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

I guess there is an Hotfix for this issue ..Run live update and get all the hotfixes installed and then update the remote agent on the exchange server .

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH70215

Vantage47
Level 3

thanks for your comments,

The version of exchange and backup exec is 2010

I need to run incremental backups because we do not have enough space on disk at the moment to run full backups to disk.

I have run live update of Backup Exec but there are no updates needed apparently.

thanks

matt

alefesta
Level 3

Hi Vantage47,

did you deleted manually  the exchange log files or after the full did you noticed that some log files are not automatically deleted?if so, delete all the log file expect those of the day before than run a full backup and after an incremental. Do it creating new job manually.