cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange GRT image is always 0 bytes

DKarlen
Level 3

Hi, I have a problem with backing up Exchange using GRT.
During my searches in the forum I have found some posts describing a similar problem with incremental GRT backups, I am however also experiencing this for full and copy backups. Any help is much appreciated.

I have configured a policy for full and incremental backup GRT-backup of Exchange 2007 using a selection list for Microsoft Information Store on the exchange machine.

I run a weekly full and daily incremental backups.

The backups run fine and completes sucessfully and I can browse down to a individual message for restoration. However, the image size shown by BEWS is zero bytes and if I try to restore all restore jobs fail with the error:

"The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.  If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource."

This is for all scheduled Exchange backups, both full and incremental. I get the same behavior while running a one time copy backup.

I'm backing up to a disk cabinett directly attached to the media server via SCSI-channel. GRT-backups are directed to their own B2D-folder. Backups are duplicated to a RB2D-folder on USB-disks.

The B2D-folder for GRT is 80 Gb in the Explorer.

I run the BE services under the administrator account
The administrator account is a member of the Exchange admin group
The administrator account has a mailbox and is not hidden in GAL
The administrator account has sent and recieved mail

Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit
Exchange 2007 on Windows Server 2007 R2 64bit

Any help to resolve this is much appeciated.

Kind regards,
DK

2 REPLIES 2

zratchford
Level 2
Hello

I had this same issue with our exchange 2003 server.  This was resolved for me when i pushed updates to the remote agent on the mail server.  This is an idea that you could try if not already.

Many thanks
Zoe

DKarlen
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.
I have reinstalled the remote agent  (locally) after the last update of BE. No change.

//DK