cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFSR windows 2008 shared folder

Ashraf_khalifah
Level 3

I have shared folder on d: drive named data; and this folder has DFSR enabled (replicated to anther server in other site);when I backed it up by choosing it from the selection list under D: drive contents; it seems that it backued up correctly but i noticed that it quickly backed up so i decide to be sure so i tried to make restore then i found only the parent folder which was the data folder and it has no contents.

than i backed it up choosing it from shared folders selection and not from D:\data and this works correctly and i could restore from it.

so what is the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
To protect DFS shares you should back them up through Shadow Copy components to ensure that it is protected correctly.  Backing them up through the file system should result in nothing being backed up as the folder is being controled by DFSR and Backup Exec is unable to access the files. 

Ashraf_khalifah
Level 3
Thanks for your reply but what do you mean by "back them up through Shadow Copy components " and how can i do that? now iam backing them up through shared drive which appears in the selection list