cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange GRT messsage restore

colin_weiner
Level 3
I am able to backup my Exchange 2003 SP2 storage group to tape successful using BE 11.d GRT with "Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folder from Information Store backups" checked.

When I try to restore a message, the restore job completes successfully but the message is nowhere to be found. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, did you find a fix?

Thanks

Colin
21 REPLIES 21

colin_weiner
Level 3
Yes I have but I did not try to restore the whole mailbox, just a message. I am going to try restoring the whole mailbox to a different mailbox.

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
You may experiencing this issue described in the TechNote below. Check the TechNote regularly as Engineering is working on a resolution for the issue caused by the outlined conditions:

Mailboxes or Mail Messages Restored from an Exchange Information Store (IS) backup using the Backup Exec 11d Granular Restore Technology (GRT) feature may not be restored as expected. Items Restored from GRT backup may not contain usable attachments, embedded items, or the text body of the mail message may be missing.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/287227