cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Information store backup to disk success but shows corruption after duplication

Dan_Sellberg
Level 2
Hi there,
I'm trying out 11d and have setup a job that backups Exchange Information Store to disk and the duplicates it to tape.  B2D runs fine with no errors but the duplication job fails saying that the information stores are corrupt. It ran fine under 10d. What gives?

Failure messages recieved on the duplication job

• WARNING: "Mailbox Store 3" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. 
  • V-79-57344-65069 - WARNING: "\\Exchange\Microsoft Information Store\Third Storage Group\Mailbox Store 3" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.
5 REPLIES 5

Howard_Brown
Level 4
If this is a policy job, delete the duplicate template from the policy and re-create it. Policy based duplicate jobs will fail repeatedly after a single failure, and must be deleted and re-created.

Michael_McKenne
Level 6
I would also check that mailbox for corruption.  

whyme
Level 2
I ran into the same problem.  Called Symantec and after about 2 weeks of trying different settings and sending back log files, they said that they will have to analyze more and blah blah blah.  So currently there is no solution other than doing another backup to your secondary location.

Ingun_Nerlie
Not applicable
Any solution to this issue?
I have the same problem.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
This is a defect with Backup Exec 11d.

The dup from disk to tape fails, there is not a hotfix to correct the issue yet.

If you subscribe to the technote above, when the fix has been released you will receive notification.

Patty