cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Login Error

pjlawless
Level 2
When trying to select Exchange mailboxes with BackupExec 10, I get the following error:

'Logon Account "account name" failed to access "\\Server\microsoft exchange mailbox". Access Denied.

I have made sure the logon account address is NOT hidden, I have a unique mailbox created for this account, I CAN browse the mailboxes on the Exchange server through explorer with this account - I don't know what else to try?
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When trying to select the mailboxes, are you logged in as yourself, or as the BackupExec service account?

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
The logon account you are using in Backup Exec must have FULL rights to a mailbox. If you log on to the server, but log into Backup Exec using a different login account, you need to make sure the proper rights have been given to the Backup Exec account, since that is the one it will use.

pjlawless
Level 2
I'm logged in as an account named "Backup Exec", which is also the account name created within Veritas - it has full rights to exchange - I can even logon to the Exchange server as that account and browse the mailbox folder

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Is the mailbox that Backup Exec has rights to hidden? Full rights to exchange is not the same as full rights to a mailbox, you need both.

pjlawless
Level 2
No - the mailbox is NOT hidden. I have delegated the account as an administrator through Exchange Manager.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

This is with referance to yout post regarding the Exchange mailbox backup. We wish to know if the problem has been resolved now? If it still persists, do write back to the forum wih details. You can additionally refer to the technote given below and verify the results:

Title: How to configure a Microsoft Exchange 5.5 and 2000 individual mailbox backup for Backup Exec 8.x, 9.x or 10.x software
http://support.veritas.com/docs/249456

Awaiting your update on the above. In case we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.