cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange backups stall and won't complete

Kurtis_Franklin
Level 4
For the past few days backups of the information store on our exchange server has stopped working. It gets to 673,471,966 bytes, and sits there. I have let it go up to 12 hours to see if it comes back with no success. Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Good morning Kurtis,

What is the normal size of the Exchange backup? Are you backing up the Information store using GRT, or backing up mailboxes separately? Are other resources or servers being backed up as well? Also, check the Application Event log to see if Exchange or Backup Exec are generating anything.

Greg

Kurtis_Franklin
Level 4
Typical size for a full storage group backup (which is the problem right now) is 24 GB. I have checked the option for Enable the restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store Backups.

Last night it appears that the full nightly backup worked, however, I am now greated with a wonderful error that happens each time I log in after a server reboot (on the media server):

"Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 encountered a problem and needed to close"

The service is still running, and I don't see any real issues other than this message that now pops up a few hours after a reboot. In the event log for that error I get the following:

"Faulting application beremote.exe, version 11.0.6235.0, faulting module ndmpsrvr.dll, version 11.0.6235.2, fault address 0x000900d8."

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Kurtis,

That specific error can frequently be eliminated by running a Repair Install of Backup Exec. A reboot may be required, so schedule accordingly. Let me know if that clears up this error.

Greg