cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Desktop Agent – progress bar

colin_weiner
Level 3
I’m using the DLO client and have my policy setup to Run the job immediately upon Logout/Restart/Shutdown. Is there a way to have a progress bar or window pop up while the backup is running?

-Colin
4 REPLIES 4

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Hi Colin,

There is no specific function within the DLO client for the task you've described. A workaround would be to go into the properties for the DLO shortcut in the PROGRAMS|STARTUP menu. If you remove the -u from the end of the Target: path, the DLO client will open on the desktop instead of minimized on the taskbar upon launch. This will then display the progress indicator of a backup. Clicking the X on the window will not close the client, only minimize it to the taskbar.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I can be of further assistance.

Greg

colin_weiner
Level 3
Thanks for the reply. What I would like to do is have a progress bar pop-up when the users is logging off, not at login. Is there any way to do this?

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Colin,

Unfortunately, that is not an available function. You may submit this as a feature request at http://enhancement.veritas.com/ . Depending on demand and complexity of implementation, this feature may be added to a later revision, or future version release.

Regards,
Greg

colin_weiner
Level 3
Is there a way to change the default 10 second timeout for the prompt when choosing "Prompt to run Job" from the Logout/Restart/Shutdown option in the DLO agent options settings?

Thanks

Colin