cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Filters On BE For Windows Servers 10d

Deven_Phillips
Level 2
Hi,

One issue I am having is creating some generalized filters. Our Linux mail server uses maildir formatted folders for IMAP. Every user has a folder for SPAM e-mails. The folder pattern is the same for all users, but is not a filename, but a directory path. Here's the format:

/home/vmail///Maildir/.Junk/(new|cur|tmp)

I wish to exclude the ".Junk" folder for all users, but it changes on a day-to-day basis. Is it possible to create an exclude pattern for any directory called ".Junk"?

Thanks In Advance!!!
7 REPLIES 7

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
I don't know if it replies to your question, but you can exclude all files with the extension ".Junk".
For creating a global exclusion list for a specific file extension on every backup job, go to:
>Edit | Edit Selection List
>Select the Excludes selection list, and click Edit
>With the Excludes Properties box open, click Insert
>In the Advance file selections box, Specify the Path field. Then add the extension to the File field.

For excluding a specific file extension on a specific backup job, go to:
>Job Properties.
>On the Selections tab, click Advanced
>In Type, select Exclude radio box, and specify in the file field the extension to be left out.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool

Peter_Ludwig
Level 6
I do have a similar issue, as I excluded all the Recycler folders from people's userdata folder.

(for better udnerstanding, it is: \\servername\drive\userdata\username\recycler...)

I've put the following line to the backup job's (text mode, of course):

\\*\*\Userdata\*\Recycler\*.* /SUBDIR /EXCLUDE

This works on a W2k3 Server.

greetings
Peter

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi Deven,

Could you please update us on the status of the issue...also have performed the steps as per the earliar post ..

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Deven_Phillips
Level 2
I think I have found a solution. In the "Remote Agent for Linux/Unix Servers" (aka RALUS), The configuration file "/etc/VRTSralus" has options like the following:

Software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude1=/path/to/dir/

Some of the defaults have patterns like:

/mnt/nss/pools/

or

/dev/*.*

So, I placed an additional entry there like this:

/home/vmail/*/*/Maildir/.Junk/

I'll let you all know tomorrow if it works.

Deven

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Deven,

Please do keep us updated on this!

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

BlueEchoes
Level 4
Can you filter out multiple extensions in the exclude option? Example:

*.MP3, *.BAK, *.TMP?

or do you have to create one for each?

if so, would you use a , or ; or something else?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
It is for restore selections not backup exclusions, but http://support.veritas.com/docs/272116  says you need one statement per file type

bummer, eh? Smiley Sad