cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Selection List Backup Exec 2012

ITadmin_aidamar
Level 3

Hello,

how can i export or print the Selection List from my Jobs. In older Version it was very simple but in the new Backup Exec 2012 i can't find any solution.

THX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry I am afraid that in BE 2012 there is no place to import/print the selection list. In fact there is not selection list seperately saved in BE 2012 as everything now is resource centric.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Sorry I am afraid that in BE 2012 there is no place to import/print the selection list. In fact there is not selection list seperately saved in BE 2012 as everything now is resource centric.

Thanks,

-Sush...

ITadmin_aidamar
Level 3

ohhh and there are any other options such as CLI or SQL queries?

At the Moment i have try on my MS SQL Server:

SELECT ResourceName, DisplayName, Enabled
FROM dbo.Resource
ORDER BY ResourceName

But I get no subdirectories displayed.......

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

It would be a real PITA,  but you could run CATTOOLS against a FULL backup, and then edit that manually

ITadmin_aidamar
Level 3

:) greetings ... I have try the cattools. For Backup Exec 2012 is the Correct Tool CATDUMP :)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87173

I have a x64 System and CATDUMP will be crashed when i start with this Syntax:

catdump "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\servername\{A20558F0-E667-4524-BD88-826E00EAB8F4}_1760.fh" > C:\Catalog.txt

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  Catdump is for BE 12.5 and earlier.

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Dear Sir:

Unfortunately as explained above, BE 2012 does not offer a feature to print details of a selection list.

But you could try to use the Job Logs global ettings to obtain a printable output with recursive list of resources backed up including all sibdirectories.

For this, go to the Backup Exec Start Icon in the upper left portion of the UI, and select Configuration and Settings - Backup Exec Settings. On the dialog choose the Job Logs tab and in Information to Include in Log click on one of the options that display the greatest amount of information according to your need. Keep in mind that the listing might become quite large.

I think this will be more useful and less trouble in relation to your inquiry.

Regards,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you replying to a discussion whose last reply is over 2 months ago?  I doubt the user is hanging around the forum to wait for your answer.

ITadmin_aidamar
Level 3

Your friendliness suggests a very special character.

Thank you for all that are not like you

ITadmin_aidamar
Level 3

This incredibly simple solution.
Thank you that is quite sufficient for my purposes.

Thank you for your help

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Sush's post is the correct solution, and this was mentioned first. I have moved it to him...any queries, PM me.

Thanks!