cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from 12 Import into 2014

haleman
Level 2

Hi:

I have an old Win 2003 running BE 12 and I need to export the backup jobs and import them into Win 2003 BE 2014.  Any articles I could use as a guide?  Suggestions?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

haleman
Level 2

CraigV:

thanks for the help but neither option helped.  I guess I'm forced to recreate the backup jobs from scratch.

Thanks again.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I'd do the necessary staged upgrade to BE 2014 on the current server, and then migrate.

So...

1. Upgrade to BE 2010 R3 with the latest SP and then BE 2014 with the latest SP on the current media server.

2. Follow the TN below in order to move BE to the new server:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67296

This will keep your jobs etc. intact.

Thanks!

haleman
Level 2

Thank you for the answer. However due to the importance of this backup server, I need to let it be untuched running at BE 12.  I already have the new BE 2014 up and running on a different box.  Is there a way to export at least the selection lists?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No...you can try the following and see if it works, but it doesn't guarantee that your new media server will be stable, or that it will even work.

1. Install BE 2014 with the latest SP on the new media server.

2. Stop the BE services on the old server, as well as the new server.

3. On the new server, rename the Data & Catalogs folders to something else...ie. Data.old.

4. Copy the Data & Catalogs folders from the old server to the new server.

5. Run bemig.exe on the new server to migrate to the new version.

If this doesn't work, then try copying bedb.bak from the old server to the new server. Open up BEutility.exe and on the server name, right-click it and choose to Reload database from backup.

I assume no jobs have run on the new server?

Thanks!

haleman
Level 2

Correct. No new jobs on the enw server.  I'll tr your suggestion and let you know. Thank you for your time and effort.

Regards,

haleman
Level 2

CraigV:

thanks for the help but neither option helped.  I guess I'm forced to recreate the backup jobs from scratch.

Thanks again.

Regards,