cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend 300 minute post job timer?

Daniel_Hazel
Level 3
Is there a way to set the time allowed for the post job command to run successfully for longer than the 300 minutes allotted?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192370.htm

Daniel_Hazel
Level 3
I made the change to the registry, and put in something over 300, but in the Backup Exec program, I am still only able to type in a number between 0 and 300.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

While making the necessary change to the Registry, did you ensure if you have changed the base to decimal in the key Job pre/post command timeout before entering the needed number? Ensure that you do that and then enter the number of minutes.

In case the problem persists despite that, do revert with the exact number you put in while modifying the Registry.
In case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Daniel_Hazel
Level 3
Yes, I changed the base to decimal and put in 3600 as the value. When I opened BE v10 after that and went to the pre/post tab, 3600 was the default in there. But BE v10 would not allow me to change from that tab without putting in a decimal value between 0 and 300. So, BE v10 recognized the registry change that I made, but it still would not let me go over 300 minutes. Any other suggestions that I may try?

Daniel_Hazel
Level 3
Does anyone have any more suggestions about this issue?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

You cannot increase the timeout beyond 300 minutes. If you do then Backup Exec will prompt you to enter a value between 1 and 300.
Refer to the technote below for more information:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/259941

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.