Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FULL AND OR DIFFRENTIAL BACKUP

jhon
Level 2
Hi every one

I'm new with the backupexec 11.d, If some one can help me ill prettied it
i want to do a 5 new  jobs every job is backup something else i use B2D backup
i need one a week full backup and every day backup af all the changes from the last backup
I need to have ability to restor files one week back , how i do it and for every back up what to use difrential or incrimential? and do I need to do 2 diffrent jobs for every backup (one full and one??)and to do for every job
(full and the inc or diff) a new device and a new media?

thank you for your help and time;
Jhon
3 REPLIES 3

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi  jhon,

Yes , you will need to have two jobs for every different backup . 

What are the differences between Differential and Incremental backups ?

The advantage of a Differential comes at restore time; you'll need only the last full backup and the last differential to get a complete restore. In the case of restoring with Incremental backups, all the Incremental backups since the last full backup plus the last full backup would be necessary.

If you setup a new device it will be easier to manage the bkf files.  You also need to setup media set with the overwrite protection .

Regards,
HArmstrong
Symantec

jhon
Level 2
Hi Harmstrong

thank you for replay

Do I need to do for every job (I use B2D ) a different media and different device? For every full and differential backup?
and how  do I  save information for 1 week back and after the system should write on it again

Thank you again

Regards;
Jhon

D_B_5
Level 6
Employee
You can set your media set overwrite protection to not allow it to be overwritten for x number of days.  Go to the media tab, right click on the media set you are using and go to properties.