cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Duplicate of Sharepoint data

gilagry
Level 4
Every time I try to duplicate to tape Sharepoint backups i get the following error.

Final error: 0xe00084b7 - A backup set was created which contains no data. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Job Errors

I tried recataloging the the backup files that are to be duplicated and then rerun the duplicate, but the job status is always "Updating Catalogs".  (At least after i recatalog the backup files to be duplicated, the duplicate job starts, whereas it did not before).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Are you backing Share Point to its own individual backup to disk folder, or does the backup to disk location contain multiple servers and components? If not, try backing up to a dedicated backup to disk to see if the issue continues.

Do you have the option to restore individual items selected on your backup job settings?

Also, are you using Backup Exec 11.d revision 7170?

gilagry
Level 4
We are backing up Sharepoint to its own individual backup to disk folder.  We did select the option to restore individual items.

Our current version is 11.d rev 6235.  I'll do an update to get to the most up to date revision and see if that helps any.

Thanks.

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited
11.d Rev. 7170 is a new install, so you won't be able to get it by running Live Update. You will need to download it.

You can get it from https://fileconnect.symantec.com.

Let us know if that helps.

gilagry
Level 4
After installing 11.d Rev 7170, I am getting the following error when duplicating to tape:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37956
I've already cataloged the file i'm duplicating and verified it cataloged by trying to restore.

thegoolsby
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What happens when you run the backup and duplicate jobs with the ‘restore individual items’ option unchecked?