cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed jobs due to "corrupt" files

andrea_2
Level 3
I have two seperate exec backups set up on two different domains and have the same problem on both of them.

The problem is that the job history will always show that the job failed even though it's just the "corrupt" .pst files that are showing up as the problem.

I know the fix for this is to add the advanced open file option, but I've done that on both domains, and the problem still exists. Is there something else I'm missing?

Currently, the setting I have on both is "Use Advanced Open File Option" and under the Open File Configuration, I have it set to "Automatically select open file technology".

Help a girl out? Thanks!!!

Andrea in Dallas
5 REPLIES 5

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Andrea,

the AOFO is not intended to back up Corrupt files.

This might help:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/193940

Regards
Gilly

andrea_2
Level 3
But the files aren't corrupt. They are perfectly fine files.

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
I have seen cases where perfect files are reported Corrupt by Backup Exec.
I have never gotten a satisfactory answer for this but I note that it happens more often with Exchange files.

The solution I have pointed out to you is to stop the Backups showing up as failed.

Gilly

andrea_2
Level 3
Well, we'll try this and I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks!!!

Andrea

andrea_2
Level 3
Actually, my co-worker said we cannot do this because this basically tells the program to ignore possible corrupt files and we really need to know if something is corrupt or not....

But, like I said, it's spitting out corrupt messages on failed backup jobs for files that aren't corrupt.

Any other suggestions?