cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS is not taking snapshots at all

Pablo_Morales
Level 3
My CPS server is successfully copying data from the business servers to the Backup Destination. I have scheduled that backup destination to take snapshots Monday through Friday, 7:30AM to 6:30PM, frequency is Hourly. When the appointed time for a snapshot arrives, a snapshot is not taken. There are no alerts in the CPS console and no errors in the system event viewer. It looks like the system is not even trying to execute the snapshot. I have fully patched CPS to SP1Hotfix4. I have applied all Windows Updates.

If I click "Create Snapshot Now", it will successfully create a snapshot.

What can I check?
3 REPLIES 3

Pablo_Morales
Level 3
More information:

The CPS server is a Windows 2003 server. The D: volume is where the backup destination is. It is a 700GB volume with over 670GB free.

It pulls data from 2 business servers successfully. It will not execute the snapshots.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Do you receive any error messages?

-- Kindly refer the following Document:

Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) Backup Destination Snapshots display the Indexing State as Not Indexed.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280869

Thank You,

Shweta

Pablo_Morales
Level 3
Thank you for your reply.

Had you read my original post, you would know that I am not getting any error messages in CPS or in the system event viewer.

Furthermore, my issue is that snapshots were not executing at all. The document you so thoughtfully lobbed at me is titled "Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) Backup Destination Snapshots display the Indexing State as Not Indexed."

I have resolved the problem, with no thanks to you, by deleting my CPS jobs and backup destination then recreating everything.

This forum is worthless.