cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed log in setting up Backup

mponeillj
Level 2

Hi All,

Im having trouble setting up a new backup here.  Im running Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a 2003 Server and trying to back up a 2008 Domain Controller.  Im trying to select it for backup in Job Setup but when I choose the remote DC with the remote agent running on it I get "Failed to log on to Microsoft Windows" Error.  I am logging in as a Domain Admin.

Looking around help pages and forums I found a fix saying to make sure the account has the "Log on as a batch job" privilege which I did set up and it does have.  Its an admin account but I also just to be sure added it to the Backup Operators group, but I'm still getting the error here.  I tryed turning the firewall off just to check if that was the problem but still no access.

Looking at the logs of the DC I do notice that it generates a Audit Failure and I noticed it trys logging on with Account Name: "Servername"$.  Not sure if this username is normal or not.

And being that this is the only other server backup exec will be backing up besides itself I can not test to see if I can access any other server.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Apart from "Log on as batch job" there are few other policies which you need to check.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH74365

mponeillj
Level 2

Thanks for the link Amol, but I already used this page and configured all this settings, still not working.  At this point opening up a case with symantec is my next step since it seems like everything should be in place for this to work.

Thanks again.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you confirmed RAWS is running under local system account on both servers ?

And is the BESA preceeded by the domain name...

Also, have you tried to re-install the remote agent & re-establish the trust relationship ?