cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure e000e020 after updating to Backup Exec 2010

sturmi
Level 2
We use a Backup to disk job and following a copy to tape job for our backups. The copy to tape job was still running while the new backup to disk job starts. Both jobs were executed the same time, all works fine. After updating to backup exec 2010 now the backup to disk job seems to wait until the copy to tape jobs is ready. this is not in my opinion. We need to execute the two jobs simultaneous. I didn`t find any adjustments to solve this.
3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
The issue state is not clear
Please let me know if you are backing up the same resourse or different resource ?
if you are backing up 2 different resource at the same time ,and the job is target to tape and the other job to the disk in that case the job on both should run fine .
this can be because of DST http://support.veritas.com/docs/305909

hope the above infromation helps

sturmi
Level 2
We first backup our files from our storage with a backup to disk job to a backup partition, then we store the backup to disk files fom the backup partition to tapes (copy to tape job). In BE 12.5 these jobs run parallel, in BE 2010 the backup to disk jobs waits till the backup to tape jobs has finished.
This is a problem, because we only can do a wll backup job, if these jobs are executed parallel. There is not enough time to execute these jobs serial.

sturmi
Level 2

We first backup our files

We first backup our files from our storage with a backup to disk job to a backup partition, then we store the backup to disk files fom the backup partition to tapes (copy to tape job). In BE 12.5 these jobs run parallel, in BE 2010 the backup to disk jobs waits till the backup to tape jobs has finished.
This is a problem, because we only can do a wll backup job, if these jobs are executed parallel. There is not enough time to execute these jobs serial.