cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False positive? -- Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

hankdaddy
Level 2
I am running BE 11.0 Rev 7170 SP4 on Windows SBS 2003 SP2. When I do a weekly full backup of our Exchange databases with GRT -- along with a full backup of the file system -- I get job failure with the errors below. But, as you can see, there is a contradictory report that the databses were indeed backed up. When I select a message from one of these "failed" backups, I can see mailboxes and messages inside them. Also, in Windows App Event Logs I see this after the "failed" backup: Information Store (5560) First Storage Group: The backup procedure has been successfully completed. During our nighly differential backups of the file shares, we do a full backup of Exch DBs as well. But, for these, I get job "success" reports. How can I get rid of the "Database was not found, or could not be accessed?" error? Thanks. ------------ BE "Errors" ------------------------ Backup started on 9/3/2011 at 2:18:26 PM. Backup Set Detail Information Database was not found, or could not be accessed. Database was not found, or could not be accessed. Backup completed on 9/3/2011 at 3:28:08 PM. Backup Set Summary Backed up 2 Exchange Server stores Backed up 2 Exchange Server logs Processed 34,479,485,760 bytes in 1 hour, 9 minutes, and 42 seconds. Throughput rate: 472 MB/min Job Completion Status Job ended: Sunday, September 04, 2011 at 12:27:54 AM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. Final error category: Job Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967
3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Is this backup job dedicate to just exchange backup or are you backing up some other stuff in the same backup job?

Check the selection detail if there is any entry in the backup selection which no more exisit .

If the error you are getting is for the exchange GRT backup make sure the account have proper rights and permission . Are you running backup to disk location or on tape  ?

When you run the Grt backup it backs up the exchange databases in native format and then depending upon if the backup is on disk or tape it writes the catalogs. Incase of backup to disk no catalogs are written and restore selection list is automatically generate, while when you backup to tape the exchange database gets backed up 1st anf then Backup exec writes catalog using Mapi. So it might be tha the backup is failling when it is trying to write the catalog ..

hankdaddy
Level 2

The backup also selects fils shares as well, both for differential and full. The Exchange backups are full every day and we do not get failures during the week, when the file shares are backed up with differential. Only when everything is full does it "fail."

The weekly backups wil start in about 50 minutes. We shall see, although I am pretty confident that it will fail. Not a good feeling knowing that you will fail.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You need to verify the on what resourse is the backup failing  ,just go through the job log or probaly upload it if you can .