cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application BkupExec.exe, version 9.1.4691.3, faulting module ntdl

Anthony_Willi2
Level 2
Can someone provide some insight to assist me in possibly identifying causes of this particular message; and possibly help prevent this from reoccurring. This is running on Windows 2003 server, and this just started occurring this weekend. Currently, jobs are running without any issues.
5 REPLIES 5

Shyam_Sundar
Level 6
Hello,

Install the latest Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 4691 Service Pack 2 from the following link :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275247

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions"pool.

Anthony_Willi2
Level 2
Service Pack 2 is already installed.

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi Anthony,

does repairing the Backup Exec Installation help?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Anthony_Willi2
Level 2
Let me clarify, BE Is currently working but I would like to prevent this from occurring in the future. So I want to know what are possible causes of this error so again I can prevent from occurring moving forward.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Anthony,

As a preventive measure you may:
1. Ensure that the version of the remote agent installed is updated to the level that nackup exec is.
2. To avoid this issue, deselect Display progress indicators for backup jobs from Tools | Options | Preferences
3. Plese veriy that you provide sufficient media for the job to complete.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.