cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulting application bengine.exe, version 10.1.5629.44

Matt_Stanyon-Ta
Level 3

Hey

Quite often the engine fails during a backup.  I am unable to work out exactly what causes this, as it's not something which happens with any regularity.  This is running in Win 2003 Ent SP1, with McAfee disabled. 

Faulting application bengine.exe, version 10.1.5629.44, faulting module bengine.exe, version 10.1.5629.44, fault address 0x000ea405.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Thanks
Moo

5 REPLIES 5

Matt_Stanyon-Ta
Level 3
HELLO????

Are there any tech support people out there?  I posted this in May....and so far...nothing.

Could someone please take a look into this and get back to me???

I have an unstable product, which is having a negative impact on our DR operations...

Thanks in advance.

Matt_Stanyon-Ta
Level 3
Another few days, and still nothing from Symantec......what do you have to do to get someone to look at your post?  Am I missing something? 

Stumpr2
Level 6
Moo,
You might want to express yourself in the "Comments and Suggestions About the Forums"  forum

WLScoville
Not applicable
Hey ya'll, just got off the phone with support and they have a "hot fix" (ABOUT TIME GUYS) for this issue.  Go to... http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/downloads/export.asp?ddProduct=BEWNT&file=BE5629RSP4_290905.exe&...

Don't bother with the FTP site, as of this writing, it wasn't there and the HTTP download is SSSSLLLLOOOOWWW.  CAUTION, it will require a reboot.

Capgemini_Eric_
Not applicable
Is this update goes on with Backup exec 10D rev 5629?