cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feasible solution?

Branden_Strickl
Level 3
The only thing better than an error is an unknown error right?!

Here is my set up.

Iomega rack storage for disk to disk
2000 server with tape drive hooked up.

These servers are connected via Gbit on 2 seperate cards (each server has 2 cards, one for the network, the other for direct communication between the two)

I have BackUp Exec 9.1 on the 2000 server. It does the disk to disk back up to the Iomega storage unit. Then once a week we run disk to tape for a full back up.

Just last night we got this :
Job ended: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 at 7:30:11 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Final error category: Job Errors

Backup - \\EXCHANGE\Microsoft Exchange Information Store Database was not found, or could not be accessed.
Storage device "Wednesday - (Backup-to-Disk)" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:
The specified network name is no longer available.

Now this morning, I tried to run it again to see if the same error would fuel my suspissions but Now I'm getting this:

Job ended: Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 9:40:24 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa00084f4 - An unknown error has occured.

Final error category: System Errors

It's set to differential, so when i started it this morning it picked up back on exchange but still gave me that wacky unknown error.

Very random I'de say.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!
Branden STrickland
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Refer following technote.
Title:
"Directory or File was not found, or could not be accessed" (a00084af HEX or e00084af HEX) is reported when a backup job using the Advanced Open File Option fails.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/261831

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.