cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fileconnect Broken?

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
I'm afraid that I only ever seem to have problems when dealing with Symantec.

Reading other posts suggests BackupExec 11d build 7170 is out.

Sure enough, if I log in to the licensing website it offers me the chance to download it.

However, neither http nor managed download work. Both fail. I've tried IE7 & Firefox all to no avail. Interestingly, firefox reports a file not found error.

Could someone there in Symantec-land please take a look at this and make sure all of the links are correct on fileconnect.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Mark

12 REPLIES 12

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
Just to reply to my own post...

I have just spent over half an hour on hold with Symantec before giving up.

20 mins waiting on hold for Customer Care. I manage to get out about 10 words including "BackupExec" at which point I was immediately told I was being transferred to another department that dealt with that. (Didn't get a chance to finish my sentence let alone reply)

10 minutes waiting for BackupExec support and the guy I get tells me that this is a customer care issue and transfers me back.

5 more minutes on hold and I lost the will to live and hung up the phone.

<sigh>

Bring back Veritas - all is forgiven.

Denis
Level 2
No, really, can somebody from Symantec tell us what is happenning with FileConnect?
I have huge problem backing up my Oracle database (actually, I can not make it work at all - "Final error: 0xe0000340 - The Database script returned an error" message appears all the time insted of "Completed status: Successful")
So, I hoped the most recent build would solve it.
And to my surprise I can not get it!!! Looks like I'm not the only one....

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Hi Denis,

I apologize for not responding sooner. We are currently seeing some reports of this issue, and we are currently looking into it. As soon as I get an update, I'll be posting it here.

Regards,
Greg

Derek_Hill
Level 4
Maybe Symantec should be putting their code on BitTorrent, at least we would be able to download it. Smiley Very Happy

Sorry, could't resist.

Derek

Message Edited by Derek Hill on 03-29-200708:08 AM

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Mark,

http://www.symantec.com/backupexec/index.jsp now has build 7170 available in the "Download Trialware" section. This will get you around the current Fileconnect issues.

Greg

Derek_Hill
Level 4
Greg,

thanks for thinking outside the box and providing a solution to a problem.

I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Derek

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
Thank you.

I have downloaded the file and will install it as soon as a currently active job has completed.

Mark

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
Greg,
If we download the trialware version will our 11d licenses still work?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Trialware is exactly the same code as licensed software.

If you do not enter any serials during install, you go into 60-Day demo mode, and ALL options are enabled.

If you enter any serials, then only the options entered are enabled (including the base serial to get a base media server)

Denis
Level 2
Thank you very much, Greg! Downloading the software and praying.....

Mark_Ellis
Level 3
I can report that downloading and installing the trial version of 7170 was successful. It performed and in-pace upgrade with the existing serial numbers as expected and is now running.

I have managed at long last to run a backup of an Exchange 2007 mailbox and restore and individual message. Hardly extensive testing as yet, but a start at least.

Dennis_Thornton
Level 6
Mark,
Try it with an external (SMTP) email.  Reportedly this doesn't work.

Message Edited by Dennis Thornton on 04-02-200707:53 AM