cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index

WolfgangR
Not applicable

I am attempting a restore of a windows 2003 R2 server using backup exec 11d 7170 SP3. I have performed this operation on a quarterly basis without incident (last one was June 2010). This time I am consistently getting the following errors on the catalog and restore respectively.

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation. Final error category: Backup Media Errors 

Restore- \\server\C$
The query for media sequence number 2 of this media family was unsuccessful.
Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

I have looked at the solutions on the Symantec website and implemented them to no avail. Recreated the "Catalogs" folder, deleted all of the media listed in the Media Tab under imported, unchecked the "Use storage media-based catalogs".

There have been no changes to either server (production and standby server) except that the production server has all of the current Microsoft patches and the standby server is current as of the last restore of June 2010.

Backup Exec does not want to catalog the second tape.

Any assistance would be appreciated as I need to get this restore completed.

2 REPLIES 2