cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found

GNJK
Level 2
Hi, This is pretty long. I run a symantec backup exec v2010 media server that has the catalog folder moved. Today, I'm trying to restore data from various weekly tapes from Nov 2008. All the tapes are in the Dell robotic library. I did an inventory and only 1 tape shows up under the original weekly media set.. the rest are in Scratch media. I used to run a previous version of BE then. Now, I've cataloged the tape that was showing under Weekly Media set. The other catalog jobs are failing with the error "Final error: 0xe000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found" I need to restore some critical data ASAP, any quick help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi Gowtham

The above error message indicates there is no tape in the drive. I guess you have a Robotic Library, check in the web console

of your library if any tape is stucked. Try to perform a power cycle of the server and the device.

Try to update the tape device drivers, make sure your device is using Symantec drivers version 5.1.37.0

GNJK
Level 2
Hi,

I checked and we are running a fine hardware tape device Dell PV 132T. No tape is stuck in the RMU and I use symantec device drivers.

I have performed a restore just 4 days ago and I run daily full backups upto 2 TB on this drive. So, hardware errors should be ruled out is what my opinion is.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
Gowtham try the following steps it may work.

Rename the existing catalogs folder as "catalogs.old" and then create a new catalogs folder, restart all the BE services

In Backup Exec, go to Tools|Options and click on the Catalog setting. Uncheck "Use storage media-based catalogs" box.

GNJK
Level 2
It is already done previously.. but I went ahead and renamed the catalogs folder, restarted BE services.

thanks