cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0008524 - 2nd Posting

Bud_Veltman
Level 2
I inhereted a server with Backup Exec 10.1 already installed with Continuous Protection Server option also.  I am getting the following error message with each backup.

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008524 - Unable to initialize the snapshot because the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO) is not installed on the target computer. You must install this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.
Final error category: System Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34084

Since AOFO is not installed on this server, the resolutions that are associated with this error do not apply as I do not have the option of making changes within AOFO and since AOFO is not installed, it is unlikely that this is a permission issue.

My gut feeling tells me that the previous technician installed the trial version and set the backup job up prior to installing the licensing.  That would allow AOFO to be utilized during the job setup.  Once the licensing was put in place, that option became disabled and I have the issues listed above.  So my question is how to resolve this issue without uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Please advise,

Bud Veltman
0 REPLIES 0