cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe000fedf - A failure occurred reading an object.

Iain_Trotter
Level 2
Hello

I receive the following errors whenever I try to backup my servers:

Backup- \\MAINSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components \\MAINSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components
WARNING: "\\MAINSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components\System?State\System Files\System Files" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Backup- BACKUPSERVER
An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.

Verify- \\MAINSERVER\Shadow?Copy?Components
\\MAINSERVER\Shadow?Copy?ComponentsWARNING: "System Files" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

BACKUPSERVER is the server veritas is installed on. MAINSERVER is our domain controller and exchange server.

The advice provided in the support documentation is that I might have changed something in BEUtility or that anti-virus software is preventing the system from backing up ok.

However I have never used BEUtility and there is no anti-virus software installed on the problematic server, so I am a wee bit stuck.

Can anybody offer any other advice?

Thank you
Iain
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-Are you at the latest build of BEWS 10.0.5520 ?
-Are you backing up other drives along with the System state of remote server (domain controller) ?
-What is the Operating System of the remote server ?
-Are you using Advance open file option ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you,
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Iain_Trotter
Level 2
Hi Gauri,

Thanks for replying.

- I have installed every available update on the Veritas site (http://softwareupdate.veritas.com/be/vxsdm/findnewupdates.jhtml shows that there are no available updates for me).

However when I go into the "about" option, it states that I am currently on version 10.0.5484. Have I missed something which would put me up to 5520?

- On the domain controller I am only backing up the Information Store and the shadow copy components.

On another server I am backing up a large number of files and the shadow copy components, and on the final server, which BE is installed upon, I am backing up some more files and the shadow copy components.

- We have Server 2003 on all servers

- No, I don't have the advanced open file option installed. Could this be what's causing it? If so then why does it backup the shadow components of the other servers ok?

The backup runs at 2 in the morning, when nobody will have even been near a computer for about 8 hours.

Thank you kindly for your help.
Iain

Iain_Trotter
Level 2
I installed the Advance open file option and everything is now working fine - just in case anyone else has the same problem.

Cheers
Iain