cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find Media under Media Location Tasks is NOT working as it should!

gellerSE
Level 2

We have used over 7000 of tapes since the implementation of tape library and Symantec Backup Exec. Each time I need to look up information of any particular tape, I would click on the Media tab. Then I click on the All Media on the left panel, and sort all the tapes by Media Label column. After that, I would scroll to the one tape I am seeking information on. This process is not effecient as is.

I find the Find media option under Media Location Tasks. But after entering the media label, it does not take me directly to the tape itself. Instead it only takes me to where the media is located under Media Location (Online Media/Offline Media/OFFSITE.) This means I have to sort through thousand of tapes to locate the media I am seeking information on.

It would be tremedously helpful if Backup Exec would at least highlight the tape so I can quickly and easily obtain the information I need. A case with Symantec (414-261-159) has already been opened.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...open this as an Idea in that section...enough thumbs-up might see it considered for future revisions!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...open this as an Idea in that section...enough thumbs-up might see it considered for future revisions!