Did you mean: 

First Storage Group\ Mailbox Store, Public Folders and Log Files corrupt

Adam_Gritton
Level 2
Getting following error in backup log

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, September 20, 2005 at 4:50:02 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xfffffea9 - 0xa000fea9 (2684419753)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-65535-65193

Set Detail Information - Backup \\GMMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Set type : BackupSet status : CompletedSet description : Full Nightly Backup
Resource name : \\GMMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage GroupLogon account : System Logon Account
Error : fffffea9 - 0xa000fea9 (2684419753)

Agent used : YesAdvanced Open File Option used : NoImage used : No

From Job History:

Start time : Monday, September 19, 2005 9:53:50 PMEnd time : Monday, September 19, 2005 9:53:55 PM
Files : 0Directories : 0Skipped files : 0Corrupt files : 3Files in use : 0
Byte count : 0 bytesRate : 0.00 MB/Min
Media used : dlt0001File is corrupt : \\GMMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Log filesFile is corrupt : \\GMMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (GMMAIL)File is corrupt : \\GMMAIL\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (GMMAIL)

Cannot find any support documents related to these errors.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

In order to troubleshoot the issue we would like to know :
-what is the Exchange version ?
-is it a local exchange or remote exchange server?

Thank you

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Adam_Gritton
Level 2
We use version 10 running on Windows 2003. It is backing up a remote Exchange 2003 server.

Thanks.

Adam

Erin_Benedictso
Not applicable
I am having the same problem as this guy is any help?

I'm using Server 2003 and Exchange 2003

The info store is the ONLY thing that fails.

Robert_Duker
Level 3
last time I had an error like that, it turned out that I had been backing up the exchange 2003 database seperately as well as using the agent. If you're using the agent to back up exchange, don't back up the database on the hard drive seperately. I had to stop backing up the .edb files before the error went away.

Not applicable
Hi,

I am getting the same error message:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Thursday, September 14, 2006 at 3:05:58 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xfffffea9 - 0xa000fea9 (2684419753)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-65535-65193

I've searched support docs and found nothing.
Using Exchange 2003, local server.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Bruce_Hatch
Level 3
We had this error about a month ago. Your situation may not be the same though. We were on Exchange 2003 SP1. Our issue had to do with how the ESE pre-extends the mail store as space is consumed by the store. When this occurs BE reads past the end of store mark causing it to return the message that the store is corrupt. Initially there was a hotfix for it, but it has since been rolled up into SP2 for Exchange 2003. We applied that, restarted Exchange, ran the backup and have not had the error since.

nico_wieland
Level 2
we have the same error, but are running sp2 since the beginning.

Bruce_Hatch
Level 3
I wanted to get the information out there in case it helped, but there are a lot of different causes for this same error, as we found when researching it. The part that was probably different for us, and that indicated the need for SP2, was that multiple runnings of the job would eventually result in one of them successfully completing. Due to that we knew our store was not really corrupted and something else was at work. I am sorry this did not help you.