cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folders that are covered by various agents

GClark
Level 2
I have BE 11d, and I'm having a little trouble configuring the jobs correctly.  To help me correctly configure the jobs I would like to know which folders are backed up by the following agents or backup components:

Microsoft Sharepoint
SQL
Shadow Copy Components
System State

In the past we have had errors with VSS because of manually selecting folders that were covered by the agents or system state. 

Thanks Very much

Gavin
3 REPLIES 3

amaxi
Level 3
Hi There

Sharepoint - Agent
SQL - Agent

Shadow Copy - No specific agent will require Backup Exec remote agent if server is remote
System state - No specific agent will require Backup Exec remote agent if server is remote

Regards,

GClark
Level 2
Thanks for the response.  I think I phrased the question badly.  What I want to know is which files and folders are covered by those backup components.  Sorry.  They were:

Sharepoint
SQL
Shadow Copy
System state

Thanks

Gavin

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Gavin,

The SQL agent will run Online backups of your SQL databases.  It is an online backup of the mdf and ldf files associated with SQL.

The Sharepoint agent will backup all of the Sharepoint farm components, this is an online backup as well so it is hard to state what folders and files will be backed up.

Shadow Copy includes a copy of the Event logs, WMI and Background Intelligent Service also it will include user data such as Sqlserverwriters. 

The System state will include COM settings, IIS, Registry and other System files.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Thanks.
Patty