cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to upgrade to 11d, and afraid!

MitchR
Level 6
A few months back I attempted to upgrade my 10d server to 11d.  I experienced a lot of stuck jobs, many failed jobs, and many of my client servers had agents that would hang and require restarting.  It was so bad that I downgraded to 10d.  I never did get ahold of Symantec Support to troubleshoot this, dispite days of trying (but that's a different thread...)

We're starting to get 64 bit Windows servers that will require Media Server, so I'm being forced to tred again on rocky paths.  And I am afraid.

My clients are XP, 2000, and 2003 (both 32 & 64 bit) servers. No Notes, Exchange, SQL, IDR, or other agents.  Just plain old file backups.

Any advice on upgrade best practices? (Both server and clients!)
Any advice on how to avoid agent lockups?

1 REPLY 1

Christiane_Pete
Level 4
Employee
Hi Mitchell,

I am sorry to hear all the problems you experienced with Backup Exec for Windows Servers v11d.  The only suggestion I can give, is to make sure that when you upgrade to 11d, you remember to run "Tools | LiveUpdate" to download and install all the latest updates.  Once that has been done, then update any remote box that you need a remote agent on. 

Also, if you wish to install Backup Exec for Windows Servers v 11d rev 7170 (which is the "latest and greatest"), please go to www.backupexec.com and download the "Trialware" in the bottom left corner. 

Regards,

Christiane.