Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full and incremental backup

Spiros_K_
Level 4
Certified

Hello Backup Exec Team,

we have a Windows Server 2008R2 and a Backup Exec Server 2012.
All Updates are installed.
Our problem is that after a full Backup from the Fileserver (~5TB) follow a incremental Backup. 
The first Incr. Backup is between 100-300 GB but the rest are ~5TB until the next Full. 

Most of the Jobs are running very slow.. 500-2000 MB/min.

Informations >>> 

Backup Exec Server - VM on the same ESXi with the Fileserver

# Backup Exec Settings
Deduplication Option = 1 
Client Side Deduplication = Active
File Data Stream Size = 512KB 
Encryption = Inacitve 
Deduplication Storage = 20 TB Raid5 per iSCSI on a Synology NAS

Files and Folders being backed up = 4.9 TB 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What is your fileserver?  Does it have the BE Remote Agent installed on it?  If you are backing up something that cannot have the remote agent installed, then you can ony do full backups.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68920

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What is your fileserver?  Does it have the BE Remote Agent installed on it?  If you are backing up something that cannot have the remote agent installed, then you can ony do full backups.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH68920

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I presume that you are backing up the fileserver as a VM.  Did you enable CBT on that VM?  What is the OS of the fileserver?

Spiros_K_
Level 4
Certified
Hallo and thank you all for your time, The problem is already solved. The problem was the beremote.exe backup exec agent. The service crash before some days and didn't start again. I change the service properties to restart after fail and take services in our monitoring system. I found out the problem after a good look in backup exec protocol Have a nice day