cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full backup fails!?!

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Hello,

I have weekly Full Backups that end up with status Failed. Daily differentials with the same selection are ok. We have purhased and are using Lotus/Domino Agent.

There's these entries in the job log:
"Completed status: Failed. Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details. Final error category: Job Errors"

"The item Server1|C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\bookmark.nsf in use - skipped.
The item Server1|C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\domadmin.nsf in use - skipped.
The item Server1|C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\events4.nsf in use - skipped.
The item Server1|C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\headline.nsf in use - skipped.
The item Server1|C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\log.nsf in use - skipped.
The item Server1C:\Program Files\lotus\notes\data\names.nsf in use - skipped."

I read the error description from support.veritas.com which said:
"Symantec Corporation has acknowledged that the above-mentioned issue is present..."

and also...

"There are currently no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time"

So my question is that is it true that there's nothing to be done with this than wait that maybe the some day the software does what it is supposed to do? I can get that same result even with NT Backup.

Turning off the mail server for backups in not an option.
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Follow the steps given below and check if it

- Turn off the "Enable Notes Database Filtering" and "Enable Change Journal" on the BEWS Media Server.
HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Notes
Database Filtering (Default value is 1, set to 0)
HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Change
Journal (Default value is 1, set to 0)
- Start the Backup Exec Services on Media Server and RAWS service on Lotus Domino server.
Try a backup job

Thanks