cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT + B2D to Removable HD cartridge

mmd
Level 2
Is it possible to backup Exchange via GRT to the same removable HD has a regular job? 

My only option seems to be to create a script to delete all the IMG directories except for the newest one.  I wish this was included in the product and cannot understand why GRT does not follow media overwrite rules. 

If I turn GRT off, will it just backup my IS into the B2D directory with everything else?

I feel like Backup Exec is a colossal waste of money now.  With other products like BackupAssist and MS DPM costing significantly less, why waste money?  Sorry, venting.

Has anyone tried using the v12 key in an older version that has the regular old store and mailbox backups?
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
GRT overwrite rules have lead to a lot of griping here in the forums (fora? Smiley Tongue )   

You can still do "Legacy Mailbox  Backups" with v12.  See pages 1209 & 1217 in the Admin Guide

What is the overwrite protection period for the media set and how old is the existing back data (IMG Folder) on the HD?

mmd
Level 2
Overwrite protection is set for 6 days on the daily backup and the IMG folders go back over 30 days.

Thanks for the quick response!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
How much space is used/free on the drive?

When the disk finally fills up or when the reserve has been met, then the IMG folders should start overwriting.

Regular BKF file should overwrite according to normal rules

If I turn GRT off, will it just backup my IS into the B2D directory with everything else?

Yes, but you would lose the ability to restore individual items

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-09-2008 12:29 PM