cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Access Denied Error

DarkHorseSki
Level 3

Whenever I try to create a backup to disk folder on our NAS, I get a "General access denied error".  I am logged onto the server as the backup account, and while that account can map, access, read and write to the \\servername\share location, and while the wizard can browse to that location just fine, when I go to complete the wizard and create the storage device, it brings up that error.

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should check the HCL for your version of BE to ensure that your NAS is supported for B2D operation.  If not, you should run the B2DTest to ensure that it has the necessary functionality to do so.

When you are defining the B2D folder on your NAS, is it mapped to the media server or are you using its UNC name?  You should use the latter.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Make sure to use the same account under which BE services are started. Use the BE service account in the NAS and give it full permission. Make sure your NAS is in domain.

The network account are used for backing up the NAS and the backup exec service account (BESA) it need access to the devices i.e backup to disk folder on Nas in your case. So you need to make sure the BESA account have full admin rights on the NAS box.