cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting AOFA errors on all servers in the backup job not running the agent??

MArc_Laracuente
Level 4
I installed AOFA on our backup server and installed the AOFA on 7 servers which we purchased the licenses for. We have about 20 servers in the job total and after the jobs runs each nught I get the error for all the servers that don't have AOFA installed -

V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\servername\c:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: The required module VSPAPI.dll cannot be found. The Advanced Open File Option may not be properly installed. Reinstall this option, restart the computer, and then run the job again.

Do I have to live with this each night after the backups run on the servers that we don't run the open file agent on?  Is there any way to tell the job not to try and use the AOFA on the other servers or any way to stop those errors on those servers?  To stop these errors do I need to installed the AOFA on all servers in the job in otder to stop the errors?

2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
AOFO is either all or nothing.  If you select AOFO to be used in a job, it will attempt to use it on every server in the backup.  I would suggest splitting up your backups, one with AOFO and one without.

txtech1997
Level 4
I'm receiving the following error:

Why would I receive an AOFO error when I'm not using AOFO on any server?