cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Arrow indicatoron the B2D folder

E_D
Level 2
We just upgraded to 10 and I am starting to familiarize myself with it.

What is the Green Arrow indicator at my Backup to Disk Folder? It has been like that since we upgraded yesterday. 15 hours have passed and it's still like that. Our backup status is "loading media" and do not do anything?
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Are you backing up databases?
- Are there any alerts in the Alerts tab?
- Are you using the Advance Open File Option (AOFO)?

Additionally ensure that the device is not overwrite protected. Refer the following technotes.

Title:
An explanation of the "Overwrite Protection Period" and the "Append Period"
http://support.veritas.com/docs/237374

Title:
The basics of Advanced Device and Media Management for VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192265

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The arrow is not the problem. As of version 10 a green arrow only indicates, that a divice (B2D, tapedrive or loader) is doing something (reading, writing etc.)

In your case the problem is, why is the job not running.
If the job would run, the green arrow would still be there.

Try to cancel the job.
Delete the B2D divices within the BE GUI. (you will have to reassign another drive to all jobs using this B2D folder.)

Do NOT physically delete the folder and the files in the filesystem.
Recreate the same folder in BE GUI and run an inventory on the folder.
If that worked, restart the job.

Hope it helps

regards

uz

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above solution has helped. Also please update us on the status of this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.