cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Storageworks VS80 Autoloader Tape driver

Simon_Tran_2
Level 3
I am currently using Backup Exec 8.6, I am having a problem to see the tape library, it's currently installed as the stand alone drive but my tape device is a tape library with 8 slots, can someone help me out with this, I am using HP driver from the manufacture but I try to use Veritas driver for my tape library, and it's still remaining with the HP drivers, is there any where to download the latest driver from veritas or anyway to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance

Simon
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you originally installed BackupExec, did you select AutoLoader support as one of the options?

v8.x supports one loader with one tape drive, without any additional licenses, but you do need to install the support. If you did not, just rerun install and select the appropriate option.

Simon_Tran_2
Level 3
I reinstalled and make sure the robotic library is enable, but I still unable to see the lirbrary. Please give me some advise

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Does NTBackup see and write to the library OK?

Have your (re) run the Hardware wizard in BackupExec

Simon_Tran_2
Level 3
Yes, the NT backup see it and I also use the HP Storage Library and Tape Tools to run it, not problem, but I go to Device Manager check the Tape Drive driver, Driver Provider is HP, Driver Date is not available. I also re run the hardware wizard in the BackupExec but it still using HP Driver and still Stand Alone Drive