cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: CloneCD feature won't install using BE 10.0 CD or local install path

Cibby_A_
Level 2
I tried to install the Clone CD feature by following the instructions found in BE 10.0 online help on my Win2003 SP1 server.

However, the BE 10.0 installer continually asks for the Backup Exec Installation CD location, even if I have the CD in the drive (mine maps to H:\).

I changed the location I wanted Clone CD to install from the default to C:\Veritas\WinNT\CloneCD.

In the next step when selecting the Destination Location is where I get asked for the Installation CD. I tried pointing to the H:\WINNT folder on the CD drive.

The message I get is that this is not a valid location but to try D:\Program Files\Veritas\WinNT, which is the location where BE 10.0 is installed.

Trying to point the installer to this location just gives the same message repeatedly. I could not go any further and had to cancel the feature install.

I have also tried copying all files from the installation CD to the folder where I want Clone CD to install. Later I learned this is not a workaround.

I checked the Event Viewer and found event id 1015 pertaining to msi installer, the error included the message "Could not connect to server."

Which server is the event referring to?

Could it be the crl.microsoft.com, or some other online msi installer updating site that my Internet security settings are blocking?

I could see this preventing msi installer from being updated, and if that were mandatory, proceeding with the feature installation.

Thank you for any helpful advice.
2 REPLIES 2

Cibby_A_
Level 2
Reply to add this thread to my watch settings. Thanks.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly try to register with the command:

msiexec /unreg
msiexec /regserver

And now try the installation again....

Thank You,

Shweta