cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Restoring

Reyvon
Level 3

Good Morning All,

We use Backup Exec 10d and I'm currently trying to a restore of a database from a full backup that we have from the weekend. I'm trying to restore it to a windows 2000 server When I run it I get the following error:

Job Completion Status
Job ended: 07 October 2010 at 08:35:51
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0008492 - Database Query Failure. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33938

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Restore- ROCH-SQL-02\SQLSHARE V-79-57344-33938 -
An error occurred on a query to database WSS_CONTENT1.
V-79-57344-33938 - File '\\roch-sql-02\S$\Data\SQLShare\WSS_CONTENT1.mdf' is on a network device not supported for database files.
I've googled various things but none of them seem to point in the right direction. Any help here would be extremely appreciated!
Thanks for you time.
Ray.
8 REPLIES 8

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Refer this KB

Database Query Failure. See the job log for details" (a0008492 HEX or e0008492 HEX) is reported during a restore of a SQL database

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH28134

Reyvon
Level 3

Hi Maheshroja,

So the problem has been with the room left on the drive? I didn't think of this because the file I'm trying to restore is 26gb and there is 35gb on the drive.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This KB article might resolve your issue - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH69212

Please mark this as a solution, if your query is answered.

Reyvon
Level 3

Hi VJware,

Thanks for the response, I read that article this morning and re-tried the job unfortunantly it didn't work.

Thanks,

Ray

Reyvon
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I just cleared 70gb of room on the drive itself and re-ran the job. It failed with the same error as above.

Reyvon
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I've managed to restore a copy of the database to another server by altering a few of the restore options. Even by clicking these options Space would have been a factor in the restore.

Thanks for the help and if all goes well I will make a final post, if it fails I'll be screaming for help =o)

Ray.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Is it your problem got resolved?