cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on BackupExec 10d & 11d compatibility

Moonlily
Level 2
Hi All,

Need to find out the followings , anyone can help ?

1) Can 11d Client supported on 10d Backup Server ?
2) Is 11d license compatible with 10d, meaning use 11d license to install 10d backupExec, Can confirm on this ?

Thks in Advance

5 REPLIES 5

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The 11d agent won't work with 10d server. See http://www.backupexecfaq.com/faq/problems/what-version-agents-can-talk-to-a-given-server.html for what agent versions work with which server versions.

I don't think the 11d license will be compatible with 10d.

Moonlily
Level 2
Thks for the reply

I was told by someone that 10d server can backup 11d client and also 11d licenses are downward compatiable.

MitchR
Level 6
I've tried it, and 11d agents won't talk to my 10d server.  If there's a trick to getting it to work, I haven't found it.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The other way 'round would work ie v11d media server talking to v10d RemoteAgents, but it would be a violation of the Symantec Licensing Policy to run it this way in production.  The SCL specifically says "for the purpose of rolling upgrades"

I don't think you will ever get a down-level media server to connect to a current RemoteAgent

You also won't able to install v10d with v11d serials

Used to be (Back in the Veritas v7 and v8 days) that you could call Support, give them the current serials, they would EMail you back one level old serials, but I just don't see Symantec doing that.  Smiley Sad

Moonlily
Level 2
Thank everyone for the replies .Smiley Happy

Can let me know if there is new update on this