cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Availability For Symantec Backup Exec

Ahmed_Shawky
Level 3

Dears,

I will deploy symantec Backup Exec 2012 in my Organization, and i need to know, how can i deploy it with high availability? I knew that i have to deploy secondary Backup exec, is that true? and i f that is true , how can i do that?

thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have a look @ the Admin Guide...Chapter 22 - Using Backup Exec in cluster environments... Would give you a good idead as how to proceed ahead..

teiva-boy
Level 6

I've worked with near a thousand companies over the last 5 years.  Most of them Symantec shops.  Only maybe a dozen of Netbackup shops hase a clustered instance.  Even then, most of those we're going to replace it due to complexity..  The rest are single servers with DR procedures for their media servers.

That said, what you really want is to use Optimized Duplication, aka optimized replication.  This is the preferred method of data protection for the majority.

Get the data offsite, and near useable almost immediately.  Why do we backup?  To restore!  

This is two backup exec servers, two dedupe licenses, and the CASO option.  That with BE2012, is now part of some licensing bundles.  Data is backed up to BE server #1, duplicated using optimization technologies and is able to be browsed and restored from on BE server #2.