cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotfix 6 issue for Remote Agent (Sql Server 2K5 on x64 Windows server)

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
To fix our Sql Server 2K5 restore issue we were recommended to apply �10.1.5629 Hotfix 6�. After installation hotfix on Media server I checked bedssql2.dll version- it�s 10.1.5629.6, i.e. correct one. Now we must reinstall remote agent for Sql Server 2K5 on x64 windows server. We used command from hotfix paper, i.e. msiexec.exe /p �\\BEServer\C:\Program Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Agents\Rant64EX\Raws64ex.msp� Reinstall=All Reinstallmode=omus but nothing happened, i.e. bedssql2.dll version on x64 server is 10.1.5629.0 (old one). What also surprised me that �patch� file Raws64ex.msp we should use for this installation is very small (7 kB) and old (10/5/2004) to compare, for example, with Raws64.msp that is 206 kB and created on 11/11/2005.
So, my question is- what we are doing wrong (bad command or file used)? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Did you get any error after you ran the command?

Search for a file -BKUPINST.LOG on the SQL server in C:\Windows path.

Paste the latest contents of the file ove here.

Regards,
Padmaja

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Thanks for your answer. Now regarding your questions:
1. Command: When I used in quotes (i.e. exact syntax from Hotfix descriprion- Document ID:280204) I got error:"The patch package can not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package". I tryed without goutes- no error but no result also.
2. That log file was created on 04/04/2006 (probably when we installed agent and installation competed sussessfully) and there are no newer records (i.e. later 04/04/2006).
Sorry, but I would like to repeat my question about patch file Raws64ex.msp we used to install Agent- what is correct size and create date as 7kB and 10/5/2004 looks suspicious? Thanks

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Anybody around? Any ideas? Thanks

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Do you receive any event ids in the event logs?

-- Kindly Re-register the MSI components. On command prompt run the following
commands.

msiexec /unreg
msiexec /regserver

Thank You

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
1) Event log- if you mean BKUPINST.LOG file than as I pointed already in my previous message there are no records after we initially installed remote agent (it seems to me that agent reinstall process did not even start). If you mean another log file, please, point me where to look for.
2) Unregister/Register again MSI component did not help, probably it's OK.

Therefore I would like to repeat my question regarding Raws64ex.msp patch file third time already, sorry: What is correct size and createdate for it as 7kB and 10/5/2004 looks suspicious? I need to be sure that we use correct pach file for our Sql Server 2K5 and x64 Win Server. Thanks

Yuri_Vasiliev
Level 3
Sorry, may be 1 more extra question- can we apply Hotfix 6 direcly to initial Agent installation or we need to install first some (or all 5) Hotfixes? Thanks

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

----Hotfix 6 direcly to initial Agent installation or we need to install first some (or all 5) Hotfixes?
*No. need to all 5 or earliar Hotfixes
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280204.htm

revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri