cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hours since last cleaning

John_Brigan
Level 4
Single-tape drive.  Not a library.  So I can't run a tape cleaning job.  Under Drives and then properties for the drive, it says it's been 15359 hours since the last tape cleaning.  And, I get messages fairly frequently, when labeling a tape, that the drive needs to be cleaned.  But I put the cleaning tape in at least once a week, sometimes more.

I'm assuming that it is getting the number of hours since last cleaning, based on when a cleaning job was last run.  Which is not possible.  And I assume the reason I get the frequent messages that the drive needs to be cleaned is because that number (15359) is so high.  Am I correct and, is there some way around this, so that I don't get that message all the time?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Go to Tools-->Alert notification and search for any alert related to Media Cleaning and set the alert to Automatic responce to 1 minute.

Hope this helps !!!

John_Brigan
Level 4
I was hoping for more information than that.  I'm wondering why I get these warnings, even though I've recently cleaned the drive.

Under Tools I have Alert Categories.  In there I don't find anything on Media Cleaning.
The closest I find is:
- Media Information
- Media Warning
- Media Error

I've also got:
- Tape Alert Information
- Tape Alert Warning
- Tape Alert Error

None of those have a setting for Automatic Response.  The closest thing is "Automatically Clear Alert After".

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I believe that its an external Drive.

In this case we need to perform a powercycle, so that all the entries for the TAPE Drive will be out from Backup Exec and the Operating System
1  : Turn OFF the server and the TAPE Drive
2  : Disconnect the Drive and turn ON the server.
3  : Turn OFF the server and connect the drive and turn it ON, let it come up..
4  : Turn ON the Server and Check the device manager for the Drive.

Lets see if we are getting the warnings now.

John_Brigan
Level 4
Sorry.  It's an internal drive.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Could you send the screenshot of the cleaning message.

John_Brigan
Level 4
Sure. 

Image1.jpg

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Its a Tape Alert Warning, go to alerts and notification, check the check box "Automatically Clear Alert After" and set it to 1 minute