cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i restore messages of a mailbox on a desired day?

Trung_Vu_2
Not applicable
For lacking of resources i have only a backup file of Exchange server for a week on sunday.
How can i restore messages of a mailbox on a desired day?
Because i can not see the date of message in Restore selections (can only see the backup file date)

Ex: I want to restore all messages of mailbox Mary on Tuesday (12/13/2005). My backup file created on Sunday (12/18/2005)

Trung Vu
4 REPLIES 4

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
This depends on the type of backup. If you did a bricklevel backup of all mailboxes you could restore email from a particular mailbox on a particular date. If you did a information store backup you will need to restore the entire mailbox store after which you could retrieve the email via a email client. Restoring an information store depends on if you are using W2k or W2k3 Exchange.

Regards
A van der Boom

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello Trung,

Please let us know if you have any further queries!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you have only done a backup in Sunday, then you will only be able to restore as of Sunday.

If you have done a Full Backup on Sunday and Differentials each day of the week, then you could restore as of Tueday,

Bu as noted in another response, if you have not done Mailbox backups, you will have to do a full stiores recovery to get that one Mailbox back.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It is not possible to restore single mailbox from backup of Information store. To restore single mailbox or any content of any mailbox you need to have the backup of Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.