cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Limit number of Job logs kept?

GuyAG1
Level 2
Hi,

I'm running 9.0 and I'm not sure how to configure to save only a few job logs. I would like to be able to change the setting for an existing job as well as for the defaults.

Thanks,

Guy.
3 REPLIES 3

GuyAG1
Level 2
OK I found the settings for the database management defaults, but they refer to how long to keep job logs "in the database". Does this mean the job log files get deleted or just the reference to them in the database gets removed?

This LOOKs like the place to manage the retention of job logs, but it is not very clear. In v8.6 there was a clear preference for how many job logs to keep. This preference setting has gone missing or has morphed into something else.

I inherited this installation and am new to v9 so if anyone can confirm that setting the database maintenance pref to keep job logs in the database for a fixed period will actually delete the expired logs from the drive that would be very very helpful.

Also, is it possible to save logs to a different folder or partition?

thanks again,

Guy.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

You cannot change the default location of backup job logs.

However, you can configure the Database Maintenance.

Select "Job logs", enter the number of days to keep job logs in the database before they are deleted. e.g If you put 30 days, job logs will be kept in DB for 30 days and after that they will be deleted.

Alternatively, you can manually delete the backup job log that are not
required. The default location of the backup job log is "C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data"

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.