cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I ensure backup of flat database files?

Joseph_Candullo
Level 3
Hello Everyone,
I have Backup Executive 9.1 on Windows 2003 Server. We have several workstations mapped to a program executable residing on the server, which needs access to flat database files located on the server as well. The challenge I have is that the office manager insists on a backup job occurring at 3:20pm daily for these specific programs files, and when finished to remove the backup tape from the premise. The end users need access to the program during this backup time period. I explained about open files being possibly corrupted due to the files being accessed during the backup job. I contacted the company whom makes these program and they instructed me that is was a flat database file program. They could'nt give me an answer. How can I ensure that these files are backed up and verified on the tape daily? Thank you in advance for your response.

Joey
2 REPLIES 2

Milin_Desai
Level 4
I think the AOFO option should help you with this.

Mani_2
Level 6
Hello,

You can perform the flat file backup of Database Files by stopping the services of the application accessing those files.

Alternatively you can perform an online backup using AOFO. Refer the following Technote.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263784.htm

Kindly contact our Sales Department to purchase AOFO
Sales.mail@veritas.com

Toll free number:
(800) 327-2232

<>