cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get more information about what file is failing?

KevinR_DC
Level 3

I have a CPS job that's failing.  (Actually, all of them are failing, which isn't surprising since I've been fighting with this product for 6 months and have yet to have a successful backup.)
The error message I'm getting is:
"The pair on source computer 'SERVER4' destination computer 'SERVER6' for job 'L_Data' failed to start. : Unable to complete RPC to server 'SERVER4'.  The RPC failed with NT Error 'The
binding handle is invalid.'.  Please check network connectivity and settings."

So, if I can RDT into the remote server from the other one, map a drive, and its firewall is turned off, any suggestions?  And, most importantly, I'm getting errors on just about everything I do, but it'll never tell me which file is actually failing.  Where can I find more info about this?

Thanks,
kevin

2 REPLIES 2

KevinR_DC
Level 3

Oh, and from the CPS console (located on the destination computer), i can see the source computer in the "servers" list, so clearly they're able to talk to each other, and all the BackupExec services are running on the source computer.

Scott_Barbee
Level 3
Check out this other thread:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/connect-request-server-failed-nt-error-bindg-handle-...

I'm not fond of the suggestion to re-install, but it seems par for the course with some Symantec products.

Have you renamed any of the machines involved in your scenario? That seems to be an issue as well.