cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move DLO Client and Files to another DLO Server

Eric_Reid_2
Level 4
I cannot find any article on Symantec Knowledgebase that could guide me in moving clients from one DLO server to another.
3 REPLIES 3

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
There's really not enough information to know what you want to do so here is a bit of a shotgun attempt.

1) Right click on a user and you can move his data to be stored on another server. The user remains on the current server, but all his data moves to the new location.

2) Move selected users to use another server all together:
How to manually change the Desktop and Laptop Option clients to use a different media server
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263635
This TechNote that is for 10d, so the folder structure is and registry info is not the same anymore. You will want to substitute Symantec registry keys and directories where applicable.

3) To retire the old server and move the database and users to a new server, and the server name will remain the same

Bring up new server with temporary name install BE/DLO shut down services and copy all data and database from old server using the same drive/folder structure as original server. Create all the same shares for the DLO folders. Shut down old server, rename new server and reboot.

4) To retire the old server and move the database and users to a new server, but the name is different.
How to migrate a NetBackup or Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) Media Server to another Server with a different name
http://support.veritas.com/docs/283539

I recommend running test restores after doing these things to make sure that DLO is able to restore the data.

Eric_Reid_2
Level 4
Thanks for the Help!

Albert_Huynh
Level 2
What is the process for moving 10d DLO client/files to a new 11d BE DLO? I have upgraded one BE 10d server to 11d. There is still an existing BE 10d server that is still doing all the DLO backups. I tried moving the data on one of the user profiles on10d to point to a new storage location that I created for use with the 11d DLO. However, when I tried to push out the 11d DLO agent for that user, it created a new folder. I tried deleting this user from 11d, but it sits at 'Delete pending' and nothing happens. The folder which it just created has no properties and security settings so there's no way to delete the folder. I tried stopping all the BE services yet still can't delete the folder and within 11d DLO console, still says 'Delete pending".

What is the correct procedure to upgrade the 10d DLO agents to 11d and still keep the data that's already there. We don't want the new 11d DLO agents resynching with the server since it'll be a waste of duplicating the data. Should we move the storage location first, move the data, delete user profile from 10d DLO, push 11d DLO to client with its storage location pointing to the new folder? What is Symantec's recommended upgrade path for this? Thank you.