cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many media servers & should the CASO server be for control only?

mark_campion_2
Level 2
I have three questions:

1. I am trying to application size buexec. I have approx 60 remote sites each running buexec locally, the idea is to upgrade them to media servers and report back to a central server. Is there a recommend limit on the number of media servers that are controled by the central site?

2. When i configure a job from the central site for a media server and submit will it mean that if the communication is broken with the site it will not run or will it run even though the media shows no jobs as being configured but does show the job history?

3. The server i am planning to upgrade to CASO currently runs jobs on approx 15 servers at a local site (plus a local drive backup). would it be better to have a CASO server to simply just 'schedule' and 'control' the jobs and another media server at the same site to complete the backup? I ask this because i am unsure of the resources CASO requires

Please help!!!
4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Was going to go through your questions, but just found this whitepaper on CASO, which should answer most of your questions - check out this page:-

http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?c=collateral&refId=57&type=demos#demos

And go into the Centralized Management whitepaper.

If you have any more questions, please post back.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on the status of the issue and if the previous post has helped you

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on the status of the issue and if the previous post has helped you

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.